France

France
Departure: June 30th

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Canning Peaches

Well, I'll post a picture to proove this is true. But, I couldn't wait to say that I've finally learned how to can peaches. I spent the weekend with a dear friend canning peaches and making applesauce. We had such a blast! I just couldn't believe how many peaches it took to make just one jar. We had almost a 100 peaches but only made 16 quart jars. Next year we'll need more peaches!

When evening came the house was so full of heavenly smells and the finished jars sparkled in neat rows on the counter top. They were so pretty!

Once the kitchen was cleaned we sat down and put our feet up to watch a well earned movie. A walk in the clouds, was a perfect chick flick to end our day.

I can't wait to do it all over again next year!

1 comment:

Katrina S. Forest said...

That's so neat! My grandma used to can all kinds of fruits, and I wish I would've learned from her.